What can be requested
- Requests (or reservations) may be placed on most items. Common exceptions include items in reference or hourly collections.
- There is a limit to the number of requests you can place at a time.
- You can view your requests via your library account.
Where to collect your requested item
- You may choose your preferred library location for pickup, with some exceptions.
- Collection and delivery of items not already on loan will normally take 3-4 days and may take longer.
- Daily loans from high demand collections can only be picked up from their home library.
- Distance borrowers may choose a library location, or the postal service for most standard and daily items.
- Special collection items from storage may only be viewed in the reading room at the Macmillan Brown Library - the pickup location will automatically be assigned to the Macmillan Brown Library.
How to make a request
Requests are made using the library catalogue. Items which are not due within the next 7 days will be recalled for you.
1. Click "Request first available copy"
Note: Request This Copy should only be used to request specific volumes or issues from a title. In all other instances Request first available copy is likely to be the most efficient option.
2. Login using your UC username and password
If you are not a UC student or staff member, you will need to use your Library barcode and PIN number.
3. Select a pickup location
Note your position in the queue, then select a pickup location using the dropdown menu. Click Request to confirm your request.
4. Wait for notification that your request is ready to collect
Email is the preferred way of notifying you when your request is ready for you to collect. 3 day items may also be notified by txt message.
How to cancel a request
1. In your library account click on Holds & requests