Canterbury College Review
Published by the Students’ Association, the Canterbury College Review was founded in 1897 and ran until 1948, with a name change to the Canterbury University College Review in 1914.
The founding editors aimed to foster a “College life” similar to those of the “institutions at Home” by reporting on the activities of the college’s societies and members, and connecting its past and present students. They further hoped to provide a forum for “agitating for improvements, and redressing grievances.”
As it developed it featured a great diversity of entries, including a wealth of literary contributions as well as accounts of students’ overseas travel, political commentary, correspondence, reproductions of artworks, and essays reflecting a variety of scholarly interests. It further included lists of officers of the university’s clubs and societies, and, from 1921 onwards, lists of graduates.
The Canterbury College Review, n. 1 (May 1897)—n. 42 (Oct. 1913)
1904No 15 April 1904
No 16 May 1904
No 17 June 1904
No 18 July 1904
No 19 August 1904
No 20 September 1904
No 21 October 1904