If you encounter problems with using databases that are not addressed by the paragraphs below, please contact us. We are very keen to hear of any problems you may have with accessing databases.
How to contact us with a database problem
- Fill in our Report a problem form
- Ring Library eServices ph 3 364 2987 ext 93848 (Mon-Fri 8.30am - 5pm)
Hints to help with database access
To use databases from off-campus you'll need to login using your UC username and password. Once logged in you will be able to use multiple resources until you close your browser.
If you are successfully logged in but having problems
You may need to make some changes to your browser settings to access some databases.
Problems viewing PDF files.
You need a copy of Adobe Reader to view and print a PDF document. It is also advisable to have the lastest version. If you don't have a copy of Adobe Reader, you can obtain it from the Adobe site.
Many PDF documents are quite large and can cause problems when you are on a dial-up connection. If nothing happens after the Adobe Reader window opens, a solution might be to download the file onto your hard drive and view or print it from there. The process is as follows:
- Right click on the link to the PDF file
- Choose Save Target As in the pop-up menu which appears
- Select a location on your hard drive in the Save As dialog box
- Click on the Save button
If you can view a PDF file, but have trouble printing it you can try to:
- save the file to your hard drive first (see above).
- print it one page at a time
- print it as an image (select the Advanced setting on your printer and check "Print as an image")
There are more details on the Adobe Reader support page.