Digital Library allows you to search the digital collections held at the University of Canterbury Library. This is an area that is developing rapidly and the number of collections available will increase steadily. At present they are searched directly through Digital Library, but in the longer term will be able to be searched through our Library Catalogue.
Copyright issues with Digital Library
You must agree with the terms and conditions set out below before using Digital Library.
- None of the content of this website may be reproduced, transmitted, or copied in any way without permission from the University Library and any relevant copyright holder, except for the purposes of private study and research, criticism and review, or education, consistent with the provisions of the New Zealand Copyright Act 1994.
- In some cases, additional conditions of use may be imposed by individual agreements with creators and donors of material. Information on these requirements can be found by contacting relevant staff listed below.
- Many of the archives or images are personally or culturally significant to the people depicted in them and their descendants. Please treat them with respect.
- The University of Canterbury Library would like to thank the creators, authors, donors and copyright holders who have made this resource possible.
What is Digital Library
- Digital Library is your entry point to the diverse archival and digital collections held at the University of Canterbury, designed to provide you with access to material for the purposes of private study or research.
- Only a fraction of our collections are currently represented here, but we are constantly adding to Digital Library.
If you have any questions regarding the conditions of use, or you wish to reproduce any material or images from this site, please contact the Macmillan Brown Library:
Phone: 364 2753
The University of Canterbury Library would like to acknowledge the assistance of the following institutions in compiling these terms and conditions: The Alexander Turnbull Library, Matapihi and Auckland City Libraries.