Distance Services: Borrowing Information
On this page
- Requests can be placed on any item that is borrowable. Items from some collections cannot be requested eg Reference Collection, hourly collections, but we will scan and email if possible.
- Interloan services are available if the item is not held within the University of Canterbury.
- To request scanned chapters/pages of books (subject to copyright) email details to email@example.com.
The Library will post items to you in reusable packaging and supply a FreePost return label. To return items turn the packaging inside out and attach the FreePost label. Contact us if you require additional labels.
All scanned documents are delivered to your student email account (unless otherwise specified). For desktop delivery students must have Adobe Acrobat Reader (available for free download).
Go to the item you wish to use from the Library homepage. You will be asked to log in using your University username and password to access licensed resources.
Some databases and journals may not be accessible off-campus because of licensing restrictions or technical issues.
- You can renew items on loan to you if no-one else requires them.
How to renew items.
- If for any reason you are unable to renew your books, please ensure they are returned by the original due date.
- Please note that items issued are subject to recall.
Phone: +64 3 343 7736
Students enrolled in UC courses and living overseas are welcome to register for library distance services. The Library cannot post books overseas but we do offer the following services:
- Access to the Library's website and electronic resources
- Scanned copies of book chapters and journal articles. (Note: the Library must comply with copyright.)
- Use of the interloan service, within the restrictions noted on Interloans for distance users.