Do I qualify for distance services? - Library - University of Canterbury

Distance Services

How do I register?


Are you enrolled in:

  • a recognised distance course,
  • a UC College of Education regional initiative?

If YES - you are automatically registered for distance privileges.

If NO - you may be granted distance privileges if you meet the following criteria:

  1. You are a fully enrolled, current University of Canterbury student;
  2. You live outside Canterbury (within New Zealand) - see the Boundary Map of Canterbury Region on the Statistics New Zealand web site; and
  3. You have contacted your department and they will support your study by distance.

To register

If you meet the above criteria, ask your department to send us a signed service agreement (PDF 31KB).

Current, fully enrolled students living overseas may apply for limited distance services.


You will be automatically registered for distance services if you are an employee of the University of Canterbury and work at:

  • a UC College of Education regional initiative,
  • a UC campus other than Christchurch.

If you do not meet these criteria please send us a signed service agreement (PDF 52KB)