SAGE Publishing - Young Writer's Award for Best Social Sciences Paper in University of Canterbury
Entries close Friday 15 September 2017
SAGE has a commitment to education and to our subject areas and is in particular a leading advocate for the social sciences and those involved in the social sciences.
SAGE has agreed to award NZ$2750 for the best paper submitted and written by a postgraduate student in ANY selected social science topic of the writer's choice.
Being the natural home for authors, editors, and societies, this annual sponsorship is to encourage students to share ideas widely and expand their skills in article writing. We also aim to assist the University of Canterbury in encouraging students to write for publications.
The University of Canterbury has selected a committee to review the papers and make recommendations to SAGE who will make the final decision. This panel will include one academic, one librarian and a representative from the Academic Skills Centre.
To be eligible for the sponsorship, the participant must:
- Be a postgraduate student from the University of Canterbury
- Write and submit a paper of minimum 2,500 words maximum 5,000 words in ANY selected social science topic of the writer's choice
- Submit article in Harvard style
- The paper must be in English
SAGE agrees to sponsor a total amount of $2,750 for awarding the best paper being written by a postgraduate student.
Paper submission criteria
- Part of the research or resource materials within the paper must be using SAGE's electronic products (SAGE Journals, SAGE Knowledge, SAGE Research Methods, SAGE Video) http://journals.sagepub.com
- All pages must be double-spaced (including notes and references) with margins measuring at least 1 inch (i.e, line length must not exceed 6-1/2 inches).
- Please use 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Articles may be at least 2,500 words but not exceeding 5,000 words in length including text, references, and footnotes (excluding tables and figures).
- Sections in a manuscript may include the following: (1) Title page, (2) Abstract, (3) Text, (4) Notes, (5) References, (6) Tables, (7) Figures, and (8) Appendixes.
- Please include the following:
- Acknowledgements and credits (Correct Harvard referencing style is expected) http://library.canterbury.ac.nz/services/ref/harvard.shtml
- Author's complete details (Name/Faculty/email/contact number)
Submit papers to email@example.com
The papers are accepted any time before the closing date 5pm Friday 15 September 2017. Early submission is recommended. The selection committee to review the papers and send recommendations (together with the papers) to SAGE for final decision.
All results are final after the judges' decision on Friday 13 October 2017.
Winner announced Friday 13 October 2017
Recipient must be available for an award presentation Monday 16 October 2017
Please email Helen Thomas if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org