The Subject Librarian for your subject can teach research and discipline-specific library skills into your course.
These research and library skills can include:
- locating appropriate academic information in the library databases
- developing a research strategy
- time-efficient research skills
- correct referencing using your department's preferred referencing style
- advice on avoiding plagiarism
The teaching of these library skills can be integrated in your course to align with your learning outcomes and course content. Your Subject Librarian can deliver this teaching through a lecture, a tutorial or via Learn.
Your Subject Librarian is also available to help your students via email, telephone, AskLive or by appointment.
The Library also offers self-paced tutorials for students to learn how to use the Library and offers Library 101 which is a series of classes designed to provide new undergraduate students with the information and digital skills needed to be successful at university.
For more information please contact your Subject Librarian.