Printing, photocopying and scanning
Where are the printers and photocopiers?
- All campus libraries, and the ITS student workrooms, have photocopiers and printers available for student use. Check the locations of
- It is also possible to print in colour from most printers (select colour Follow You queue as your printer), check with library staff if you are unsure if your printer can print colour. Colour printing is charged at a higher rate. See charges - printing & photocopying for more information.
- The Copy Centre also do photocopying and printing; however, the charges are more expensive than if you use the student facilities. The Copy Centre is in the undercroft area in the Puaka-James Hight building. They also offer large-format printing and binding services.
How much does it cost?
- The charges for both photocopying and printing are the same. They vary according to the selected paper size, duplex and colour choices - see full list of printing and photocopying charges
Can I scan a copy rather than make a photocopy?
- Yes, you can scan a document and send it to your email account. There is no charge for scanning. Scanning can be done in both colour and black-and-white on all photocopiers/mopiers. Instructions are on the wall above the photocopiers/mopiers.
Is printing available using the UC wireless network?
- Yes, you'll need to configure your Windows laptop to use a UC printer or ask at the IT Service Desk for help setting up printers via the wireless network.
Why can’t I print anything?
- To print you must have funds available on your Canterbury Card account
- See information on adding funds to your Canterbury Card
Where has my print job gone? I can’t find it…
- All Library printers are now using the Follow You printing system so you can release your print job at the printer/mdf of your choosing (your job will not print until you release it). See the ITS guide to Follow-you printing for more information or ask library staff for assistance.
If you need assistance, ask staff in the library at the information desk or IT Service Desk.