University of Canterbury Art Collection
There are approximately 4,985 works in the University of Canterbury art collection, making it one of the largest art collections in the region. The major strength of the collection is its representation of Canterbury art and artists, in particular those who have taught or studied at the University or at the College of Education.
The art collection comprises 13 separate sub-collections, each with its own strengths and unique character, including;
- Macmillan Brown Library Collection
- School of Fine Arts Collection
- W.S. and Alison MacGibbon Collection
- Rutherford Medals Collection
- University Library Collection
- Art Purchases Committee Collection
- Registry Collection
- Portraits Collection
- College of Education Collection
- Departmental Collection
- Staff Club Collection
- UCSA Collection
- UC Foundation Collection
A small proportion of the art collection is now available for viewing on-line. As the Library is able to digitise works and negotiate copyright clearance, the on-line resource will continue to expand. If you cannot find what you are searching for on-line, please contact the Art Collection Curator for assistance.
- Donations and Bequests
- Access to the Collection and Use of Images
- Teaching and Learning Resources
- Other Websites of Interest
- Select - Annual Student Art Selection and Exhibition
Lydia Baxendell - Art Collections Curators, University of Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch 8140.
ph: +64 3 3694090 ext 94090, email: firstname.lastname@example.org