Computer facilities in the library
Computer workstations loaded with ITS's standard suite of software are available in each campus library. Staff and students need to login using their UC username and password. These workstations are spread across the floors of each library. Extra PCs are available in library training rooms for student use when the rooms are not being used for training.
Also available are a number of "express PCs" which do not require a login, but only provide access to library resources.
See the links below for information about computer locations in each of our libraries:
More information about ITS student computer workrooms (locations, computer numbers and hours).
Each library has printing facilities. Payment for printing is deducted from a Canterbury Card account.
Wireless & Laptops
Power points are available for laptop access in all campus libraries. While laptops can't be plugged into the university network, UC staff and students can connect to the Internet using the wireless network from designated areas within the library.
Wireless networking provides information about how to connect and print from the wireless network.
- Wireless access is available in most parts of the Central Library, except in a few places where there are reception issues due to the concrete mass of the building or interference from metal shelving.
- Wireless access is available throughout the Education Library.
- Power points for laptops are available at all study benches around the perimeter of level 2.
- Wireless access is available throughout the EPS Library.
- Power points for laptop access are available on the southern and eastern walls of the EPS Library on levels 2 and 3. If you wish to leave your laptop temporarily, Kensington laptop lock stations are available to secure your device. You will need your own laptop locking cable.
- Wireless access is available in most areas of the Macmillan Brown Library.
- Desks with powerpoints for laptops are available in the reading room along the windows and in the Aotearoa Room.