There are two major variations: one that omits the title of the article, and one that includes it. Either is acceptable, but be consistent. The EndNote ACS style defaults to including the title.
- Schöne, B. R.; Zhang, Z.; Jacob, D.; Gillikin, D. P.; Tütken, T.; Garbe-Schönberg, D.; McConnaughey, T.; Soldati, A. Geochem. J. 2010, 44, 23–37.
- Çolak, A. T.; Çolak, F.; Yeşilel, O. Z.; Büyükgüngör, O. Synthesis, spectroscopic, thermal, voltammetric studies and biological activity of crystalline complexes of pyridine-2,6-dicarboxylic acid and 8-hydroxyquinoline. J. Mol. Struct. 2009, 936, 67–74.
Note that ACS style uses abbreviations of the journal titles.
- CAS Source Index (CASSI) – journal titles and abbreviations for publications indexed by CAS since 1907
- Beyond CASSI (PDF, 800 KB) – abbreviations from early chemical literature, not appearing in CASSI
- Core Journals indexed in CAplus – for a listing of abbreviations (1,500 chemistry-related journals)
- If not listed in the above sources, see this list of abbreviation resources
EndNote can generate these automatically.
If the journal only publishes electronically, or the online version is different from the print version, then it may be appropriate to include information about the online access. This should include the date you accessed it, and one of: the DOI, the article URL or the database.
- Ruangsang, P.; Tewtrakul, S.; Reanmongkol, W. Evaluation of the analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities of Curcuma mangga Val and Zijp rhizomes. J. Nat. Med. [Online]. 2010, 64, 36–41. DOI:10.1007/s11418-009-0365-1 (accessed Apr 15, 2010).
- Yoshimi, Y.; Hayashi, S.; Nishikawa, K.; Haga, Y.; Maeda, K.; Morita, T.; Itou, T.; Okada, Y.; Ichinose, N.; Hatanaka, M. Influence of Solvent, Electron Acceptors and Arenes on Photochemical Decarboxylation of Free Carboxylic Acids via Single Electron Transfer (SET). Molecules [Online] 2010, 15, 2623–2630. http://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/15/4/2623/ (accessed Apr 15, 2010).
- Oliveira, J. M.; Sousa, R. A.; Kotobuki, N.; Tadokoro, M.; Hirose, M.; Mano, J. F.; Reis, R. L.; Ohgushi, H. The osteogenic differentiation of rat bone marrow stromal cells cultured with dexamethasone-loaded carboxymethylchitosan/poly(amidoamine) dendrimer nanoparticles. Biomaterials [Online] 2009, 30, 804–813. DOI: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2008.10.024 (accessed Apr 15, 2010).